About Burton Green    Bugle (Parish Magazine)     Bus Times
Latest Posts     Local History     Maps      Photos    Planning    Privacy     Residents' Association     Videos

Friday 7 December 2012

Jewellery Workshops at Burton Green Village Hall

From Amanda Warner....


Hello, my name is Amanda, I run my own jewellery business called CharacterCrafts which I started in 2007, primarily selling my handmade jewellery at local craft fairs and making custom designs for friends and family. 

My range of products has expanded dramatically since then.  A suggestion from my ice skating coach to create something skating related, resulted in me starting to work with air-dry clay, to create figure skating charms for jewellery and phone charms.  Further ideas and requests followed, and I now have a whole range of skating products, wedding gifts, and graduation gifts and lots more besides.

I’ve recently started running jewellery workshops at Burton Green Village Hall and Curiositea at The University of Warwick.  The first workshop at Burton Green took place on Tuesday 18th September where everyone made a matching necklace and pair of earrings in Black, Turquoise or Purple cats eye beads, like the one pictured here...


The next workshop will take place on Tuesday 13th November at 7pm till 8:30pm. The price which is £12 for Silver Plated or £18 for Sterling Silver.



We’ll be making a pair of Christmas earrings, (there’s a choice of Snowmen, crystal Christmas Trees, or crystal Christmas Canes) and everyone gets to design and make their own necklace, from a selection of different coloured beads.      





For more information or to book a place on the workshop please visit my website www.CharacterCrafts.co.uk

All the tools you need to make the jewellery will be available at the workshop, so all you need to bring is your enuthisam.  Prior jewellery making experience is not required, as I will help you through every stage. The highlight for me since starting these workshops has been seeing everyone’s excitement when they walk out wearing their new jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment