In 1841, much of the land along the Berkswell side of Cromwell Lane was owned by three women, Jane Lant, Sarah Coleman, and Jane Wright.
Sarah Coleman can be found in the 1841 census. She was then aged 45, and described as a farmer. She had a son, Charles, aged 20. It appears as though she was widowed.
Quite by chance, her homestead is the same plot that was used for a test archaeological dig last Autumn, and some of the pottery and earthenware fragments discovered then may possibly have been hers: Garden Archaeology in Burton Green.
The 1851 census entry for Sarah Coleman shows that by 1851 she was living alone in a cottage in Windmill Lane (at the far end of Hob Lane). Her son, Charles Coleman, had moved away from Burton Green to follow a vocation in the Church of England.
Jane Lant owned the land which includes Arnold Farm.
The home of the Lant family was at Nailcote Hall, which lies just a few fields away to the North-West. At the time of the 1841 census, Jane Lant was not living at Nailcote Hall. In 1841 Nailcote Hall was occupied by her brother-in-law, Richard Lant, and his family.
Garden Archaeology in Burton Green (at Sarah Coleman's Homestead)
Old Photographs, History and Memories of Burton Green School